Friday, March 13, 2009

Just Dance ... It'll Be Okay

It had been a bit of a crap day.

I’d screwed up at work and had to account for it with the boss …

And then an extremely bitchy Ottawa naval public affairs officer got into a confrontation with me on a shoot at the base … not cool. I had to use both verbal and non-verbal techniques to let her know that neither I nor my cameraman were to be treated like dogs.

A union meeting indicated the scary reality of what could happen to each and every one of us if the CBC goes ahead with rumoured cuts.

And then we had audio problems with our microphone and editing machine …

But other than the obvious issues throughout the day, something just felt … “off” somehow.

Went to Bear Mountain outside of Victoria with the ladies for some dins and wine. Had a really nice time chillin’ by the big fireplace, laughed, ate great food …

But when I got home, I still didn’t feel quite right.

And then I realized why … I hadn’t danced once that day. And I’ve been dancing almost every day for a few weeks now.

I threw on some Rihanna -- who is SO in need of a sister-power feminist intervention, but that’s blog fodder for another day -- and started doing the dishes.

But then the rhythms wash over me …

Still in my clothes from work, those salsa steps started to flow and I instantly felt better.

Because on a crap day, remember this mantra: Just Dance … It’ll Be Okay.

And it was.

*I may have to hit the social dancing night at Café Casablanca tomorrow. It seems I just can’t get enough salsa ... the endorphins and overall joy from the dance style is definitely going to help push me through the winter and work demands*

No comments:

Post a Comment