Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Choreography

Charles and I will be performing a flashy LA style salsa routine ... expect dramatic arms, complex footwork, lots of spins and even some lifts!

As our choreographer Christina told us this morning: "the man has to be really aggressive ... and the woman has to be really sexy". Will be interesting to watch Charles bring out his inner tough-guy machismo as I try to summon my inner vixen. ;-)

From the very first pose, this dance is powerful, rhythmic, dramatic, and sensual. We learned the first 25 seconds this morning ... and both the music and routine are FAST! This is a different style (and count) than Charles is used to ... and Christina says the routine is as complex as what she'd expect from one of her professional dancers. We are going to be pushed, and I love that. Bring it on!

Dance studio owner, Lynda Raino, joined us for about half an hour this morning. She will be one of the commentators at the "Stars on Stage" event on June 6th. After our performance that night, she will comment on our progress from one of the early rehearsals to the final show. By the time she left, I was really getting the hang of the choreography.

I can't wait for you all to see this performance! I wish the very best to the competition ... but they should know that I'm working with the best team ... and we are SO going to rock this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment