Sunday, March 15, 2009

Being Cinderella


Even modern women grow up with those horrifically patriarchal (yet deemed “classic”) fairy tales like Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella …

Wondering if we will be the fairest of the them all … who will be kissed awake from an eons long slumber (where we never age) … and possibly even have a dainty glass slipper placed upon us as we are “saved” by Prince Charming.

Blech.

Cinderella cleans her OWN castle, baby, that she bought with her own money … giving herself spa days with facials to heal the lines on her face from all of the stress of the work world (and not getting enough sleep) … and as for Prince Charming …? I think many of us gave up on HIM a long time ago, and would be just as happy with a man who doesn’t stand us up, actually calls after a great date, and isn’t intimidated by our success.

But this post is called “Being Cinderella” … and I have to admit to you that I’m pretty sure I channelled her the other night (in a more feminist way, of course!). :)

It all came down to the new salsa shoes. Nicole (a performing salsa dancer who owns the same pair) said they would feel like disco balls on my feet. They also felt a bit like a glass slipper.

You can’t help but be more graceful in them. They force you to dance on the balls of your feet, they make your legs look great, they are crafted to let you dance for hours without pain, and they catch the light in the most incredible way … plus I had tons of girls in the beginner’s class asking me where on Earth I had bought them.

So, ladies … if you’ve been waiting for Prince Charming to put a glass slipper on your foot … take my advice and go buy your own!

Check this link from an awesome dealer in Seattle: www.salsapromotions.com

PS -- Um ... so if my Prince Charming (aka: "New Age Sensitive Guy" or "Renaissance Man") IS out there ... I take a size 7.5 in the Rumbera and I would love a red pair. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment