Saturday, April 4, 2009

La Musica

I have it playing in my car.

I have it playing on my stereo at home.

I have it playing in my head … constantly.

And that is probably why today, I got busted casually dancing down an empty hall of the legislature.

I mean, it was five o’clock on a Friday … the place was dead empty … it was finally sunny out … I was excited for the weekend … and that awesome friggin’ song from our Stars on Stage routine was blasting in my head …

And I couldn’t help it … I had to move! I could feel the pull from the Earth like roots under my feet. I could feel Universal crown energy lifting from the sky. I just had to do a little “Suzy Q” move … and the “cigarette” move that for some reason took me about a week to finally get.

And … I started to groove as I was leaving the building.

I have no idea where they came from but all of a sudden I heard loud clapping and cat calls that broke my reverie and made me feel like a tool. It was some commissionaires who were just doing a security check … and found me. :)

I turned beet red, laughed, said something self-deprecating (as per usual) and then went back to hearing la musica in my head … and then when I got into the car … and then when I got home …

******************

It’s a neat feeling to listen to a song in a different language (Spanish) and to actually “know” the song. What I mean is when you listen and know mid-song exactly what dance moves you’re supposed to be doing. When you can visualize the routine … the hits, the breaks, all of the amazing rhythms … damn, I’m loving this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment